Irenekay rambles......

A girl who needs to be PAMPER with travelling, good food, massage and great parties....and juicy gossips too!!!!

Friday, July 27, 2007

The day I turn a year older......


(Taken with my horrible 1.3MP camera phone)

I got a bouquet of flowers from my Slut!! My favourite gerberras and i love the yellow lillies. Lucky he smart, no roses!!! I hate roses.....I think they are boring!!! (unless he could splurge on the Champagne coloured ones) and white lillies.....Boring!!! *yawn*

I wonder when can I have sunflowers or tulips....:P
Anyway..... Not much a flower person, but it's nice to receive once in the blue moon actually....*grinz*





Bouquet in the vase....


On the day itself, we went to have dinner at Banquet at Bangsar Village 2. The name Banquet sound so 'cina' but the deco and the ambience is totally way beyond the red cloth table and the karaoke system. After few good reviews from the fellow food blogger, I decided to give this place a try.




I was quite mesmerise at the deco the 1st time I walk by this place.... hrmmm...white garden theme with fake miniature pine tree, more like a garden wedding theme.... but after 2nd and 3rd time, nahhh..... doesn't attract me anymore.



We started with the Wild Rocket salad with Parmigiano Cheese, sliced pear and served with roasted Pine Nuts and drizzled with Foie Gras reduction. For RM25 I find it a little on the expensive side for a small portion. Before that I only take Caesar Salad cuz I'm not a big fan of raw greens, but after trying out this...maybe I shall add Wild rocket to my salad list? Very Very minimal of the Foie Gras tho....hrmm. Taste wise, not too bad...




Was comtemplating between the Foie gras or the escargot, but since Slut never enjoy Foie Gras, I decided on the Escargot. Slut liked it very much but I find the taste abit.....weird and fake! Something is wrong somewhere.... maybe not fresh? But then isn't most of the escargot served in the restaurant here are canned ones? I'll still prefer having it straight from the shell.... the shiokness of scooping the flesh our from the shell..... Should have choosen the Foie Gras...:P




I order the duck confit, that weird of me cuz I felt ducky the whole day(I had the din kum duck @ Isthmus for lunch on the same day) After the starters, I sorta had doubt on their main but the duck turn out to be really good! I never like my food to be plain and sauce-less, but this dish proves me wrong. The duck confit is well marinated (did you know it's marinate with fats?) and the meat is so tender even after they have preserved it. I was expecting it to be like meat jerky but you can still feels the tenderness in the meat. A bit to the salty side (that explain the absent of the sauce) so whoever don't have high tolerance in salty food, plz skip this dish. It's deep fried...my gawd...damn fattening too!!!



Slut order the butter fish....and yes...I totaly agree with all the reviews... The fish is cook just right!! Not too cook and vice versa. The sauce really compliment the fish very well. The sauce taste kinda thai-ish.... sweet, sour... really really good.




I decided to try the tiramisu since it's well recommended by the foodies and for RM18 it totally worth every cents. The tiramisu is heavily drenched with Baileys/Kahlua!! Initially slut wanted to head over to Alexis for their signature Tiramisu, but tankfully we didn't. A bit the small, but the alcohol really kicks it!! The 1st tiramisu I've tasted with lots lots lots lots of alcohol...I mean from alcoholic (ok, ex alcoholic) me, it's really heavy.... no regrets!



Slut still hungry cuz he hasn't have enough his source of carbs (it mean meats!) we headed to Pudu Wai Sek Kai for their famous Fried Chicken. Yes.... Damn good...much better that KFC (cuz it taste similar to KFC too....)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home