Irenekay rambles......

A girl who needs to be PAMPER with travelling, good food, massage and great parties....and juicy gossips too!!!!

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Reminising those days........

Monday!!! I hate Mondays!!! Its one of my laziest days where I'm ohh soo lazy to work. Thank goodness I only work like 4 hours....*Grinz*

Last week after teaching of my group class, my 14 year old student came to me...

Teacher can you do me a favour.... I'm hungry can I borrow some $$$? I followed Olivia here cuz my mom la dump me and went for Jusco sales.

Ehh...you didn't eat anything before class?

Got la...a little bit only....

Can...... What you intend to eat?

I just wanna buy green tea from 7-11

HAr??? didn't you said you were hungry....downstairs got bakery shop, let's go get some buns

Har??? Dun wan la..... I just want green tea.......

But u said you were hungry? *scratch head* ..You on diet issit? scared of Carbo isssit? *in a teasing voice*

*she answered in a serious voice *Yalar...Damn fattening you know....

Siau!!!! If you wan green tea, you can have my water instead! Crazy girl...hungry get proper food la!!! Let's go get some buns then.......

Aiya teacher....no need la then...... I scared fat la......

Then she trotted off.....without her green tea.
Ok... a skinny (yes she's skinny) 14 year old who's scared of being fat. I mean common dude...It's the growing age man!!!!

She's a kinda kid who can list you what's the latest fashion (of their own generation) to the latest hit single in America Top 50! She is my only pre-teen (1 and half years back then when she enter secondary school) student which answer, '"Teacher we are not your children nor kids anymore....we are TEENAGERS!!!!" when i mention "OK CHILDREN....please turn to page....."
All these exposure from the West, being skinny and bitchy, rolling eyes, skanky dressing..... cheerleader attitude so far different from my days when I'm in school where our aim beside studying is to have pure fun without involving any beauty regime.

Prom and IU nites are nightmare to me cuz I never have any fancy clothes to wear...

Dressing those days....wearing tank tops was almost a taboo unless you wanna be associated with the "sluts". I wore my 1st sleeveless top when I'm 18 where kids this generation wearing high heels and super shot denim skirt with halter neck and bareback??? TO SHOPPING MALLS? I shop with my flip flops wei!!! ok.... at least something flat....

I saw kids wearing make up.... When I was their age I loathed wearing make up unless I have too (for my church performances) and I own my 1st lipstick when I am 18.

We don't have Zara, Topshop, MNG....... but i remember Esprit baby T, oversize Quicksilver T-shirt and if I'm are lucky maybe a Guess top. I always remember my Converse and Doc Marten 8 hole boots. *grinz*

Those days the only source of communication is our dear house phone and public phone. As for transportation, either we walk or take the public bus unless if we are feeling rich, we'll share a cab.
Majority of my student has handphone and some never even took public bus before...some even cabs!

Ok, those were the days....*sigh* Maybe kids nowadays are more pampered and crime rate those days not as notorious as now...... Even I don't take public transport now.

Btw, My neighbour's fren(4 males sumore) got robbed out their cash and almost hijack their Harrier by 3 men with parangs when they visited him. All these happen right in front of my house and I din't realise it until my mom heard a scream and commotion outside. Apparently they got marked cuz they came from bank with a large sums of $$$$. Scary shiet...... I'm supposed to be out of the house during that time for my class but luckily the class is cancel.

It's not a safe country to live in anymore!!!!!







Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home