Irenekay rambles......

A girl who needs to be PAMPER with travelling, good food, massage and great parties....and juicy gossips too!!!!

Thursday, July 19, 2007

One year Older, One more wrinkle....

Birthday come and goes.... and they say as you grow older, the wiser you are. As for me , I believe I grow wiser cuz I've experienced all the shits, trials and tribulation for the past 27 years that make me a smarter and more street wise person. I would say I thank GOD for all his goodness that he gave me in my past 27 years, that at least I still have my families and love ones around me and nothing drastic has actually happen that totally change my life. I'm still the same 'ol Irene that everyone know...just that probably I'm tad bit wiser I supposed...... *grinz*

My early 20's, I always celebrate my birthday with a bang! Alcohol, boozes.... I never reach home SOBER! Everyone you call FRENS are invited to my big bash.... People that I met once or twice also I consider as frens. As years goes by.... some frens just disappear, grew apart... betrayal...that actually make me think twice...who are my true frens?

As I grow older, you actually keep some frens where you actually think they are worth keeping. Birthday bash getting smaller, hitting the club with a small group without booking a table became a norm. You appreciate small group gathering for a meal more than big group getting each other drunk. Staying sober during your birthday is actually quite fun.

As for this year, Lunches, Dinners..... and probably a small party session at Velvet with close frens.... by just hitting the bar.

so Velvet this Saturday......... BYO

xoxoxoxoxoxox

I had my pre b'day dinner with my Slut @ Prime, Le Meridien.



Since both of us taking red meat we decided on Wirra Wirra 2004 Church Block which I find it too bitter for my liking. The pictures are abit blur cuz I used my 1.3MP camera phone since my camera was with my bro in Melbourne.







Complimentary bread. The have the spicy and non spicy version with 3 type of homemade butter. Garlic butter, unsalted and some bbq flavour. I love freshly baked bread esp homemade one... soft and goes well with the butter. My favourite will be the spicy bread with the bbq butter. So Mexicana!!!




Clam chowder with pacific clam. I find this soup a little too thick...like drinking carbonara sauce. I like the pacific clam...That gave me an idea tha I should slice pacific clam to my Campbell Clam Chowder for more flavour and ingredient...:P



Rocket salad with portobello mushrooms top with cheese and truffles. I love mushromms!!! This salad is yummy with the right tanginess in the sauce.



Our side order..... It's extra cost and we thought it would be served together in our steak plate but no.....its on seperate bowl!!! That explain the double mash. The mash is blend to the finest and not even a trace of solid potato. Just like eating baby food.... One with corn and another with some truffle sauce. I still like the mash from Max! (polenta mash) and Rib Shop.
The one on the right is portobello mushrooms.



Almost forgot to snap the the steaks as we were salivating on it when it being served on the table. :P That explain the half eaten steaks.

The menu came with so many different kind of steaks...The most expensive will be the Wagyu beef . 200 days I think.... ranging around RM200+++
There is cheapest being 80 days, then 120 days, 200 days......grass fed, grains fed.... I decided on the filet mignon New Zealand 120 days grain fed which apparently more tender. Slut chose Ribeye 120 days too. Mine was medium and Slut chose medium rare....and I actually like it medium rare!!! hrmmm....my taste in steaks are getting rarer and rarer...:P
Slut ribeye is abit blur...so I didn't load it up.



As for sauces, I chose the Bernaise sauce which I don't like it. A bit of coconuty taste which is very weird with my steak. Slut chose the truffle sauce with red wine which I say is pretty decent and goes very well with the steak.

The total bill came out RM500++ But thanks to my Starwood card.... I only paid RM330ish plus... 50% off for food and 20% off for wine. A pretty good experience..... with pretty decent steak. do give it a try.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home