Irenekay rambles......

A girl who needs to be PAMPER with travelling, good food, massage and great parties....and juicy gossips too!!!!

Monday, January 23, 2006

Bali..... 2nd installment

I thought I found the perfect victorian blouse but thanks to my boobs, I have to forgo it... the button came off....*grrrr*


Yesss...CNY coming and I'm drag to go back Taiping....Anyway, I'm planning for another trip with my Boy to Phuket this May.... can't afford my Haadyai-Krabi-PhiPhi-Phuket expedition due to time constrain....so just concentrate on Phuket. I realise, travelling to Redang, the prices are comparable to Phuket!!! SO decided to add RM100-200 hundred to get our passport stamp! Somehow that fella doesnt believe in spending RM500-600 for a resort in Malaysia??? Hrrmmsss...... there goes my Four Seasons, Tanjung Jara, Pangkor Laut.......

This post, is bout outskirt of Bali.
On 2nd day, we did a day tour to Ubud, Kintamani and Tanah Lot. We arranged our tour under Stefan. Real honest fella and we just love his flexibility unlike some agent would bring you every tom dick and harry's shop to gain commision. If anyone of u guys interested buzz me for his number and email.
Those fellas desprate for jobs yet still honest. I'm truly happy with the service he provided. RM190 for 1 1/2 days tour. I really took sympathy on those Balinese after the bomb. It has not been good for them yet they are still jolly and friendly towards the tourist and live a I'm-contented lifestyle. It makes me actually reflect back my life now which I earn much much much more than them yet still not satisfied.... hrmmm...so guys plz VISIT BALI!!!!
If you afraid of the bomb, dun go clubbing in commercial area lor..... stay in Nusa Dua but a trip down Kuta is a must!!

We travel to Ubud to see some handicraft, silvers and have their famous Babi Guling.

Ubud Art Market, shopping.....

Babi Guling.....it's darn good dude!!! It's like suckling pig with some herbs... The fried intestine RAWKS!!!! (and I dun eat intestine)

Then to Kintamani to view the majestic Mount Batur and Mount Agung which also the volcano mountain. It's abit too cloudy for sight seeing....


On the way to Kintamani from Ubud (around 2 hours drive) we pass by terrace Paddy field.They just harvest... Imagine if it's green... I really want to see the beauty of it


Then to Pura Tanah Lot (another 2 hours drive)to watch sunset (which dint happen cuz too cloudy) and the market.


Pura Tanah Lot

Every temple, shrine and even houses has this pillars as the entrance.

Market at Pura tanah Lot

In bahasa Indonesia, they call it Bebek......cute name..

Apparently couples are not supposed to take pictures TOGETHER when they are inside... Me and Sunny took quite a number... The local believe it will lead the couple to break up.... My fren told me her fren broke up with the BF a month after their trip......HrrmmmmMmmmmzzzz


Day 2, we decided to do our tour after lunch cuz we dint get a chance to TAN (it has been raining off and on)!!!
Imagine, 3 hours tan without protection and just pure tanning oil (kiasu marrr....shortcut tanning) gave both of us a NEW skin.... am still peeling OK!!! started with my face and now peeling on my thigh. I can basically get in touch with my iguana.... NEW SKIN!!!!

We departed to SUKAWATI..... as i was told, this market only patronise LOCALS so it's supposed to be CHEAPER than any other market around.
Let say I bought beaded slipper for USD1.5 per pair, sling bag for USD3.5...
It's a place if you like shell accesories, I-love-Bali t-shirt, lotsa lotsa straw bags, embroidery bags, home deco...bargain like hell la.



The Cart.....darn OLD SKOOL!!!

The Food
Top- consume Bakso which I think it's similar to our Lontong and Mie ayam...like kon lo maggie mee...It's darn yummy and per bowl is....RM2????

Indonesian food is similar to our Malay food...*duuuhhh* and I like Warung Made's (in KUta) Nasi Campur special....USD4 per plate and it worth every cent!!!

After shopping we are supposed to hit down south but we over shoppe so can't make it in time for Sunset in Uluwatu and their fame Kecak Dance (some fire show i was told)
We head to Dreamland Secret Beach (as told by the local) down south... It supposed to be their best kept beach (exclude Nusa Dua private beach) and surfer's paradise.. Girls take note, go in the morning to catch those surfer's dude!!!! In the evening the wind is too strong....


Then we head to Jimbaran bay but the seafood is super expensive so we decided to leave....It's not worth it and I was told, just go back to KLang for seafood....

Overall, I LOVE BALI!!!! I love their culture!!!! and I would definately be back again!!!!!

As comparable to Phuket....
-Phuket has nicer beach and clearer water
-Phuket has the best mini island!
-Market shopping in Phuket are way better
-The girls in Bali aren't like those in Phuket. Part of the Balinese religion is to start a family so the girls there are more conservative. You wont get those slutty girls flocking around the whites like the Thais
-Bali has more culture
-Both have equally fantastic food
-Shopping in Phuket (market) slightly harder to bargain.... this before tsunami
-Both hotels are equally clean
-In my opinion, I think Balinese are more friendly than Thais
-Bali surfing brand are WAYYYYYY cheaper
-Bali has Mooks and Paul FRank....ORIGINAL!!!
-The pubs and shops in Patong closes later...

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, January 24, 2006 12:14:00 PM, Blogger Fashionasia said…

    i wanna go Tanjung Jara!!!! looks very nice from the website n ive read some good reviews but those come from westerners. A review from a local will be better la.
    Newayz, don believe the mambo jambo's cos the more u believe the more it'll happen(refering to the taking pic together thing).

     
  • At Tuesday, January 24, 2006 3:13:00 PM, Blogger irenekay said…

    yeah man....hahaha....doesnt give it anythin....
    If got $$$ i really wanna go our Season @ Langkawi......pure bliss man!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home