Irenekay rambles......

A girl who needs to be PAMPER with travelling, good food, massage and great parties....and juicy gossips too!!!!

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Bali - Kuta area

I'm actually missing Bali right now...ok...I'm actually missing HOLIDAYS more like it.
It's a very cultural place to be. Everywhere there's small shrine and the Balinese are very very very friendly....not to mention trying to guide you to buy their stuff luring us to their shop.
Shopping in Bali, are not too bad.... Surfing brands are so much cheaper than KL and the best part we found this factory outlet shop selling those brands real CHEAP!!!
Roxy bikini for 15 USD and below, I got my Rip Curl bikini for USD 9 and USD 11 each..USD2.5 for RipCurl beach slipper and so on....we end up crazy in there.
As for Local products, unless you are into straw and embroidery bags, beaded slipper (which I bargained till USD 1.5) and I-LOVE- BALI t-shirts.....accessories are much nicer in Kuta and some home furnishing stuff (which I didnt get any cuz I dont have house of myself...yet)... Other than that, a good relaxation holidays....
Security are TIGHT yo.... everywhere high end pubs, bigger hotels and shopping mall once you enter there would be security check so no worries of getting BOMB!!!...

NO BOMB!!!! I'm back in 1 PIECE!!!!

Journey from airport to Kuta town is merely 15 minute but thanks to their small roads which forever traffic jam, took us around 25-30 minutes.


Legian Street. It's their popular main Street where all the boutiques and pubs and forever jam.





We stayed in Taman Sari Cottages, Poppies Lane 2...in the heart of Kuta. The entrance to the 'hotel' are small, so I begin to have doubt in our place but as we enter, I was amazed they actually have a pool and a jacuzzi. Our room is nice and CLEAN.....yes, even the hotel surrounding are CLEAN.

And every toilet you use, even the most capalang mamak kinda warung, the toilet are DARN CLEAN....and they have TOILET ROLLS!!!!


Poppies Lane 2

Poppies Lane 1

The popular Poppies lane 1 & 2, is smaller than I thought... Supposedly the happening Lane filled with backpackers pubs and hotels has become quiet since the bombing in 2003.




Maccaroni in Legain Street.


It's a tradition in any pubs or hotels in Bali to hire a Fire dancer in their glittering tradisional costume.... This is taken at Fuel's @ Legian St for their 1st anniversary

On the 1st day while walking around Kuta, I spotted.....



I thought of XES (how thoughtful yo) So this my souvenir for you Cheng Leong.... E-flyer from Bali....with your favourite (I think) Hardhouse DJ.......Rave from sunset till sunrise at Tuban BEACH....RM50




Kuta Beach..... the water is quite murky...but I respect the locals working along the beach. They take an effort to CLEAN up their beach whenever they spot rubbish, something we MSIAN gotta learn from them. It's their beach, it's their life and rice bowl . It's definately much much cleaner than our dear Penang beach ok.....


Kuta Square, where all the shops selling high end stuff like the Surfing brand(original), fake designer goods...One of the Oct'05 bombing site..I actually pass by that spot thinking the shop on renovation....silly me


Welcoming myself to Hard Rock Hotel



Hotel taken from Hard Rock Cafe


Live Band at the hotel Lobby



Ladies nite banner.... impersonating Cannot-Make-It- Marilyn Monroe's pose

Till then....

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home